What sort of engineering do you do?

AYS provides a comprehensive engineering solution for public and private sector clients. Our expertise includes site development, roadway, utility, sewer, drainage and transportation engineering.

What base information do I typically need for a residential site development?

A typical site will require a site topographical map showing boundary information, site contours and all major features. A site Geotechnical report is typically required to determine site suitability criteria. If the area is not served by sewer, a septic feasibly evaluation should be performed before developing other information.

What areas do you work in?

AYS has provided Engineering services for clients in San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, Napa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Contra Costa and Alameda County.

Why does engineering cost so much?

Engineers typically provide services based on an hourly rate. We are required to follow standard engineering practice and provide a standard of care that requires a certain investment in time to develop plans or determine feasibility issues. The time associated with these issues has cost implications.

Frequently Asked Questions